It sure has been a bit of a tumultuous year so far, especially in the last month and time in the craft room has been snatched only here and there. Sometimes I just haven't even had the energy to go in there which is never a good sign. But it hasn't all been bad & I've made progress on a few projects over the weeks.
Last week I finished off the top of the floating block quilt I began a while ago (you can see the planning stages here) and today I found the time to snap a shot of it. I thought initially that the background colour was more than likely going to be a lime-y green, but much umming and ahrring in the fabric shop saw me leaving with a green that is more of a muted mossy sort of shade.
I took this photo looking into the sun, so the stained glass window effect that you see won't last once the batting and backing are added. The seam lines are very clear in the picture though, so it gives an idea of how I ended up piecing the background to the coloured floating 'windows' to make 6 smaller rectangles that then got sewn into 3 big strips that then were stitched together to give the full finished rectangle quilt top.
Still haven't made up my mind exactly how I'm going to quilt it...like the idea of straight line quilting but not sure if I'll manage to do that without making a dog's breakfast of the whole thing.... watch this space....