I had planned to post the full instructions for how to make these placemats and had even taken photos along the way. Change of heart though for a few reasons. One - I realised after cutting the navy and mustard fabrics that my method certainly wasn't the speediest and I could have saved myself lots of time if I had been smarter, so I'd hate to mislead all the vast number of readers of this blog (ha!). Two - writing instructions takes effort & I just don't have any effort this morning. Posting pictures is about all the energy I can muster.
|Finished placemats, I decided to use felt in between the fabric layers rather than batting & it worked really well|
|Placemats and a few double felt thickness potholder mats|
|Some of the quilting detail - the flowers are outlined through the top layer only, the straight lines go through all layers & form a pattern on the back of the mat)|