After making this one, I also made a smaller version for one of the Hootchie girls using some gorgeous fabric she had gifted to me from her time spent in Malawi. Think she might store wayward teabags in hers.
- Cut 11 (2.5x 4.5inch) strips and sew together along long edges (1/4inch seams) to end up with one set of 6 strips (this will become the back of the pouch) and one set of 5 strips (this will become the front). Play around with different fabrics if you like.
- Press seams in one direction.
- Cut 2 pieces of lining fabric to match the finished size of your strip blocks. I used a weather proof upholstery fabric (for some water resistance)
- Stitch small piece of velcro (loop) to top of right side of 5 strip block
- Stitch matching small piece of velcro (hook) to top of right side of larger piece of lining fabric
- Beware! Don't make the mistake I did of sewing sticky velcro using my machine - the needle did not appreciate it!!